Training Coordinator - Yukon-Kuskokwim AHEC
Department: Human Resources
Employment Duration: 70 Full time
Temporary Status: Not Applicable
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The YK AHEC Training Coordinator assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of the AHEC program under the Yukon Kuskokwim Area Health Education Center. To work with YKHC departments and partner agencies to offer health career promotional activities (awareness, exploration, preparation) and to work toward increasing the number of Native health professionals in the YKHC service area. The YK AHEC Training Coordinator performs regular maintenance and updates of AHEC program reports and the collection/input of statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
- Associate’s Degree or two (2) years of relevant work experience
- At least two (2) years experience in a health care setting or administrative position
- Alaska Driver’s License
- Computer proficiency; ability to work with database software
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health www.ykhc.org