Member Services Manager, National AHEC Organization
The National AHEC Organization (NAO) is seeking to contract with a Member Services Manager to work 15 hours per week to enhance member engagement and increase membership value to our state and regional Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) across the nation.
The NAO mission is to help its members achieve the AHEC mission through advocacy, education, and networking (nationalahec.org). Reporting to the NAO Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the NAO Membership Committee, thesuccessful candidate will be expected to:
Continually engage with members: Deliver high-quality customer service, be accessible and responsive to members, listening to their requests or concerns, and working to find and develop appropriate solutions.
Maintain membership database: Maintain an accurate membership list with updated critical information by proactively identifying changes related to member AHECs, including new leadership, emails, host institutions.
Recruit new members: Assist in developing member recruitment drives and with the renewal process to increase the number of new members.
On-board new members: Reach out to new members, or key contacts of new member organizations, to introduce them to the NAO network/benefits, answer questions, and respond to needs and concerns. The individual will also assist with identifying candidates for the NAO Membership Committee’s Member Highlight program and develop/retrieve content for publishing for newsletter, assist with e-blasts, action alerts, webinar coordination, work with CEO and Membership Committee to research and develop new member benefits and opportunities for engagement, and work to resolve member complaints.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience with AHEC and/or an in-depth understanding of what AHECs do and how they work.
- Outstanding customer service skills and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, listening and writing, as well as attention to detail and the ability to follow standard processes and procedures is a requirement.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to work effectively with varied people to facilitate the completion of the work.
- Internet, computer access.
- Experience with email-based software is a plus.
- Ability to learn new software products and database systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Experience in membership organization preferred.