Interim Project Manager, AHECWW - Whatcom Community College
We are excited to share that the following position is now available at Whatcom Community College:
Exempt, Interim Project Manager, AHECWW
To view this posting and to apply online please visit us by clicking here.
SALARY: $52,000.00 - $55,000.00 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Academic Resources & Health Professions
OPENING DATE: 02/26/20
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
The Project Manager of the Area Health Education Center for Western Washington (AHECWW) serves the primary purpose of supporting the operations and implementation of the Center's work. The project manager supports the tactical operation of the AHECWW program in alignment with the vision, goals, and strategic direction of AHECWW. This includes facilitating grant outcomes and assisting in managing and implementing grant deliverables and proposed tasks and activities in the annual scope of work. The project manager will work to build and maintain constructive and collaborative partnerships regionally and in western Washington, plan and implement program initiatives, support the AHECWW advisory board, collect data and prepare reports. This position will also provide quality assurance controls for student success and grant documentation, provide student support, and provide outreach and dissemination. This position collaborates and communicates with the WWAMI (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho) AHEC Program Office at the University of Washington, the Washington Department of Health, other AHEC Centers, and many other stakeholders statewide. The position reports to the AHECWW Director.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Grant Management
- Implement, facilitate, and monitor grant activities and outcomes.
- Assist with grant reporting including data collection, tracking and report writing.
- Implement and complete research projects and reports, as outlined in scope of work.
- Lead the planning and facilitation of advisory board and other meetings and conferences in support of AHECWW goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain constructive and productive relationships with AHECWW partners, funders, and stakeholders.
- Participate in budgetary reviews and alignment, assist with invoicing and draft grant proposals to support AHECWW projects.
- Travel to and participate in regional and statewide industry partner sites, conferences and meetings. Oversee AHECWW website and facilitate communication between College leadership, AHECWW leadership, and stakeholders regarding website content.
- Update annual marketing plan and ensure it aligns with AHECWW website and scope of work.
- Collaborate on the design of outreach activities to rural and medically under-served urban populations.
- Coordinate AHEC Scholars program including reviewing applicants, outreach and promotion of the program to students and to potential partner educational institutions, and coordination of associated events in partnership with WWAMI AHEC program office. Monitor student engagement and participation and navigate students through the AHEC Scholars program.
- Facilitate community and student learning via trainings and education programs.
- Provide guidance and support to AHECWW staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SALARY AND APPOINTMENT:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience maintaining a website.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Familiarity with healthcare and/or behavioral health and/or education sectors.
- Experience overseeing and managing grants or other large complex projects that require administrative skills including managing timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Familiarity with educational pathways in health professions.
- Experience working with large grants.
- Experience with project and program development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Demonstrated cultural competence and a commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Excellent organization skills, project management skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and partners.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative planning strategies.
Salary and Appointment:
- This is an interim, full-time Administrative/Exempt position. Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual salary based upon a range of $52,000-$55,000, depending on experience.
- The position comes with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
*Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the following:
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC courses.
Start Date: As soon as can be arranged with the successful candidate.
Application Due Date: For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Monday, March 16th, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Position open until filled.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
A completed application consists of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement providing examples of (1) how you have integrated equity and inclusion in your work and (2) how you will promote equitable practices in education through this position.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with contact information.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.whatcom.edu
237 W Kellogg Rd.
Bellingham, WA 98226