Executive Director - Yukon-Kuskokwim AHEC
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Establish and assures compliance with departmental policies and procedures, objectives, CQI program and safety standards as well as all pertinent standards and requirements of regulatory bodies. To coordinate the implementation, management, and evaluation of education programs by maintenance of program reports and employee training records. This may include collection of statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes. Oversees educational process by facilitating corporate training needs assessment, development , implementation and evaluation. Provides direct counsel, mentoring and guidance to YK AHEC staff, administrators, and the community in the implementation of existing and new learning activities provided for the organization. Develops collaborative relationships with corporate departments and strategic partners to ensure educational support of strategic goals through Napartet pillars of Employee Focus and Alaska Native Workforce Development. Responsible for development and management of YK AHEC budget including administration of associated grant funds. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops. Develop promotional/image and materials for YK AHEC. Moderate travel may be required.
- Masters degree in Education, Human Resources or related field.
- Two years teaching or training delivery and 2 years experience in program development, curriculum development, administration, teaching or progressive advancement in related field of management/leadership role within community.
- Experience in school/business partnerships, knowledge and experience in implementing best practices for delivery of training in rural Alaska.
- Experience in program and budget administration. Demonstrated core values of YKHC and skills as team builder and facilitator.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Current Alaska Drivers License.
- Use of personal computer including use of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel). Use of copiers and fax machines. Use of calculators, staplers, paper cutter and hole puncher.
- Plan, develop and implement YK AHEC with supervision of up to 6 employees.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Healthwww.ykhc.org