Chief Executive Officer - Indiana Rural Health Association (IRHA) - Indianapolis, IN
What makes this an exciting opportunity?
- IRHA is a high growth, high impact organization
- Nationally recognized leader in rural health
- Program focuses on:
- Work with the state Office of Community and Rural Development (OCRA) on rural broadband and rural telehealth expansion
- Healthcare workforce development and training
- Promoting and facilitating data-driven program planning and execution
- Talented and committed staff team
- Innovative, decentralized staff model
- The IRHA annual conference is considered a "must attend" event for rural health professionals from Indiana and beyond.
The CEO serves as the public face of the organization to all stakeholders and constituents. The CEO must operate with the highest level of integrity, credibility, and professionalism at all times. The CEO should be nonpartisan and able to work across party lines.
Ideal candidates will bring strong familiarity with healthcare in Indiana in many settings, rural hospital operations, government funding, collaborations, and Profit & Loss responsibility. Candidates will be well-rounded, experienced leaders with position(s) relevant to the work of IRHA. Prefer established relationships with government, business, healthcare, and philanthropy. Candidates should bring most of the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrates a strong customer service orientation.
- Familiarity with operations of a trade or membership association.
- Understands the public policy process and the difference in roles and responsibilities of federal and state decision makers.
- Able to review and understand highly technical information (industry related) and interpret in a meaningful manner for stakeholders.
- Proactive in anticipating changes in the operating environment and taking appropriate steps to address and respond to changes.
- HRSA grant reviewer experience helpful
- Familiarity with grant funding channels and opportunities and the pocess of assembling and applying for grant funding.
- Able to analyze data and financial information, recognize trends, and make decisions.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Possesses effective supervisory and management skills. Can hold others accountable for performance.
- Experience serving on a nonprofit Board or reporting to a nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Required to travel approximately 50% of time, primarily within the State of Indiana, to meet with members, legislators, agency representatives, etc. May require overnight stays. Some travel out of state, e.g. to Washington, D.C.
The unique structure of IRHA means the CEO can typically work from home two-three days per week and could live almost anywhere in Indiana except the far north or south. The expected routine is to be in Indianapolis 1-3 times per week and in the Terre Haute office 2-4 times each month, in addition to meeting with members across the state on a regular basis.
IRHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Graduate degree preferred in relevant field of study. Substantial experience will be considered. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
- Briefly describe your connection to the field of healthcare and why you would be a great match for this role.
- IRHA prides itself on a decentralized structure where most employees work from home and come to Terre Haute or Indy offices as needed/required. Briefly share your experience motivating and supervising remote staff.
- IRHA works in partnership with other many organizations. Briefly share your experience developing relationships with strategic partners.
- What do you see as the two-three most significant trend(s) in our industry right now and how will organizations like ours need to adapt?
- Briefly share your experience overseeing the finance, administration, and HR issues of a small-mid-sized organization or department.
For more information about IRHA, please visit our website www.indianaruralhealth.org.