1. From the Executive Director's Office
Two weeks to go until the 2014 NAO Charlotte Conference! The full conference planning team is working double and triple-time as they wrap up the final details for what I know will be
an outstanding conference. It's a privilege to work so closely with so many dedicated, thoughtful, committed and creative people, all of whom are working to make our conference
extraordinary for you! I can't wait to see you there!
HRSA Establishes "Bureau of Health Workforce"
On June 3rd HRSA announced the creation of the new Bureau of Health Workforce, which now
encompasses all programs and functions previously within the Bureau of Health Professions and the Bureau of Clinician Recruitment and Services. Becky Spitzgo has been selected to lead
the new bureau. The federal register notice
included information on the organization of the bureau, which includes 16 offices and division. Title VII and Title VIII programs fall into two offices—the Office of Workforce
Development and Analysis, to be led by Jennifer Fiedelholtz, and the Office of Health Careers, to be led by Kimberly Klein.
"Tuesdays with Trachtenberg"
We had a great conversation last week on the "Tuesdays with Trachtenberg" call. Eight AHECers discussed the A-TrACC Program, fund-raising and grant writing--particularly at the Program
Office level, the federal AHEC appropriation for FY15, the funding ratios HRSA uses and the upcoming NAO conference. Please consider dialing in next week to see where the conversation
will take us: Tuesdays 12:30-1:30 EST: Dial in at 1-424-203-8400, Passcode: 245171#.
Journal of the National AHEC Organization: Spring 2014 Publication
The Editorial Board of the Journal of the National AHEC Organization is proud to announce that the Spring 2014 publication is now online.
The entire issue can be accessed by clicking here.
NAO Social Media; Another friendly reminder to log on
In a time of rapid change regarding Federal funding, Federal policy changes, and key information specific to NAO and the AHEC Program, please be sure to frequently refer to NAO's social
media outlets for timely and up-to-date facts and figures. We are posting lots of information to the NAO Facebook page, the NAO Twitter feed, the NAO LinkedIn site and to the NAO website
to comprehensively share what's going on with you all; our membership. Please be sure to stay connected and consider posting some of your highlights and events as well!
Have a great week, and see you in 2 weeks!
Robert M. Trachtenberg, MS
National AHEC Organization
7044 S. 13th Street
Oak Creek, WI 53154
2. From A-TrACC
Facilitated Discussions This Week!
How to Gather Data Effectively When Working with Partners
Three facilitated discussion groups are being planned to examine challenges and formulate potential solutions when it comes to gathering data when working with partners. Come prepared
to share with and learn from your colleagues. Choose the AHEC area you work in and register today!
- CE Coordinators: Tuesday, June 24, 3 p.m. Eastern. Register Now
- CBSE Coordinators: Wednesday, June 25, 3 p.m. Eastern. Register Now
- HCPP Coordinators: Thursday, June 26, 3 p.m. Eastern. Register Now
Any staff member is welcome to attend all or any of these!
A-TrACC at NAO Conference
Headed to Charlotte? Be sure to take advantage of the following A- TrACC technical assistance (TA) opportunities.
- Wednesday, 7:30-8:15 am: Breakfast Roundtable Discussion – An Opportunity for Group TA on HRSA Performance Measures. Grand Ballroom
- Thursday, 7:00-7:45 am: Breakfast Roundtable Discussion – An Opportunity for Group TA on Evaluation. Grand Ballroom
- Thursday, 10am-12:15pm: Double Session #416, AHEC Marketplace Project. Providence Ballroom 1
- All Week: Contact A-TrACC for individual consultation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketplace – How to Document Your Trainings
Nearly 2,000 health professionals and staff have already been trained as part of the AHEC Marketplace Project. If you've already done some marketplace trainings, remember:
- All continuing education programs that included educating health professionals on the health insurance marketplaces must be recorded on your biannual HRSA Performance Report in CE1. Be sure to mark the primary topic area as Health Reform/Health Insurance Marketplaces.
After each training, complete and submit the A-TrACC documentation form. It's 5 easy questions! If you don't have this form, request one from email@example.com.
- If you are not involved in the specific forms for the HRSA Performance Report, just be sure that your program office knows which continuing education programs you have done since Oct. 1, 2013 and remind them to record those under the primary topic area of Health Reform/Health Insurance Marketplaces.
Mission Statement: The National AHEC Organization supports and advances the AHEC Network to improve health by leading the nation in the
recruitment, training and retention of a diverse health workforce for underserved communities.
Vision: Our vision is that the AHEC network is the national leader in developing a highly competent and diverse health care workforce
for underserved populations.
©National AHEC Organization | 7044 S. 13th Street, Oak Creek, WI 53154 | 414-908-4953 firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director Rob Trachtenberg | 414-908-4953 |email@example.com
To submit an item, please click here. Deadline: Thursdays, noon CST.
Links to new resources and information:
NAO Home Page |NAO Board