1. From the Executive Director's Desk
PPACA & AHEC
Thank you again for your responses to my request for information regarding how AHECs are aligned with components of the Affordable Care Act. The response was overwhelming.
I received information from 27 different state AHECs, which translated to 18 pages of AHEC activities and programs that help advance, explain, and support components of the ACA.
Once the document is cleaned up we'll share it with the membership; it's quite impressive and helps—once again—document how valuable the AHEC program is to the
nation's efforts in the recruitment, training and retention of a diverse health workforce for underserved communities.
NAO is Growing!
I am pleased to share with you that the Communications Committee and I will soon undertake a search for a part-time "Communications Consultant" who will work--with me and
the Communications Committee—to help position NAO and the AHEC Program to gain significantly greater visibility and better "tell our story" to a variety of important
constituencies. This position, as it is currently structured, will be for 4 hours per week and will more specifically work to:
- Increase awareness of National AHEC agenda and achievements to Legislators, Stakeholders, Policy Makers
- Propagate information and messages that are supported by the National AHEC mission by AHEC Programs and Centers
- Provide 'getting started' info for Programs and Centers to utilize social media for students and student recruitment
- Encourage Programs and Centers to establish enhanced communications with students and providers
Should you wish to learn more or have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me.
Have a great week!
2. Next A-TrACC Webinars
Basic Evaluation Question Design: Good data starts with good questions. Cindy Lewis, MPH, Bowen Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine.
TA Webinar 306T-A.
January 30, 3 - 4 pm Eastern. Register.
The Suicidal Patient in Primary Care - Prevention Resources for Providers. Peggy West, PhD, MSW, Senior Advisor, Suicide Prevention Resource Center (SPRC)
and Julie Goldstein Grumet, PhD, Director of Prevention and Practice, SPRC.
VMH Webinar 307T-A.
February 20, 2 - 3 pm Eastern. Register.
3. Two Helpful Links on Health IT and Quality
-Health IT Grantee Spotlight Archive: Click here for the link and look at the multiple
links on the right hand side of the web page.
-Previous Quality Improvement Grantee Spotlight Archive: Click here for more info and
look at the links on the right hand side of the web page.